Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Nest Sleeve Shirt

Nature takes every opportunity to grow and thrive. It doesn't matter what we do, the flora and fauna will find a way to survive regardless of how bizarre the circumstances look to us.

One of Brad's work shirts spent several days on the clothes line. We had been getting daily rains and I just left it there, hoping to bring it in once it had dried.

When I went to get the shirt, it had a new occupant. A wren has built a nest in the shoulder hollow area of the shirt. I debated on leaving it on the line to see if she would hatch out young.

Common sense and practical need won out. I removed the yet unused nest and retrieve the shirt. It did make for a cute photo!


1 comment:

  1. I love this picture....it gives a whole new meaning to a stuffed shirt :-) Paloma

    ReplyDelete